I am a simple girl from the city which is obsessed with its culture, cuisine and laziness. Yes Kolkata , the city of joy as it is known more popularly. Well there is more to it, specially to the food, we bengalis are obsessed with it,from "maer hater kochur loti narkel die" , "thakumar hater gokul pithe", "bou er hater chilly chicken", to that pork vidaloo in goa or that sushi that they ate in Japan every Bengali has their own method of reliving and nagging and also bragging about their food. when Bengalis sit to chat, food comes up vehemently in discussions and can lead to massive fights( the eternal ghoti bangal debate) and the crazy bengalis cannot survive an adda without the quintessential bengali adda platter. (muri alur chop tele bhaja.) Being a bengali I am no exception I love to eat and mostly like many bengali I love cooking be it authentic bengali or fusion or south east asian or chinise, italian, french, and also different types of cuisines of India. What amazes me is how a simple recipes can get varied twists in different households of this country. my mom has a version of alu posto and my mashi has a different one.Cooking is all about passion and about that personal touch of the chef which adds a completely different colour to that recipe. I am mesmerised and overwhelmed by the fact that the uncountable variety of cultures in India gives us a varied arena in cuisine also and every nook and corner of the country has different dishes and different cuisines and maybe different version of a same dish, biriyani is a good example of that. Indian cuisine is a very vague term and includes a multiple cuisines so it is more complex than we think. This blog is going to be all about food, that is recipes that are tested and tasted and interesting facts about foods of India and world cuisine.
No comments:
Post a Comment